Monday 3 August 2009

Chaos warband marches on

The chaos warband at the start of the month of August. Not bad considering I started painting it only a few weeks ago (and I have just had a week's holiday which included no hobby time at all). It's around 250 points, but that will be easily doubled when I add the next unit, chaos warriors are very expensive points wise.

My plan is to paint the army in groups of three, each group comprising an infantry unit, a special or rare model and a fast unit of some description. So, phase 1 is complete with the Slaanesh marauders (infantry), the Nurgle spawn (special) and the hounds (fast). Phase 2 will comprise a unit of chaos warriors, another spawn and some marauder horsemen. I also have a couple of sorcerors that I have already painted to add to the army, I just need to re-base them. I might also make a pair of familiars to go with them.

Still feeling good about the army and keen to get it painted, which is unusual for me. I just hope the enthusiasm remains before the next distraction comes along.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

That's a great way of maintaining motivation enough to complete an entire army. I really like your color scheme, but might I ask if those are GW warhound models? I don't recognise them, but perhaps I haven't looked at chaos often enough.

Anyway, always enjoy your blog and feel free to check out mine from time to time. My goblin force is growing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...