Saturday 13 June 2020

Dwarf

It's high time we had a dwarf on the blog. And what a fine specimen, another one of the sculpts formerly Statuesque Miniatures, now offered by Crooked Dice. I would say this is probably my favourite of the bunch, no surprises there. The wizard can be found here.

I was on much more familiar territory painting this figure and enjoyed it immensely. I am trying out some GW paints at the moment and was pretty happy with the leather and flesh tones I achieved here. I am a bit unsure on the greens, it seems a bit lurid perhaps?




10 comments:

Ski said...

He's great, and that green cloak is a nice contrast.

XarfaiEngel said...

I'll be looking forward to that leather video!

Anonymous said...

You always use a fantastic natural palette on your minis which makes them look alive ! Nice work.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Awesome work!

Engel said...

Excellent work, so full of character.

Nord's Painting Saga said...

Cheers guys, loved painting this dwarf, definitely one of the best out there.

luckypunk said...

You've done a lovely job on this, the leather effects are superb..

Matt Crump said...

Nice ....a very characterful little stunty chap.

Unknown said...

Stunning job, how do you glue the miniatures to the coin? Just super glue?

Nord's Painting Saga said...

I glue the figure to a coffee stirrer, then the stirrer on to the coin. This gives a little extra height and avoids the figure sinking into the ground

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...