Friday 19 June 2020

Marine

The recent announcement on a new boxset for 40k had me pondering if I should take a new direction. I have hit a bit of a wall in motivation recently and I figured that a complete change might fire up the muse again. So I dug out a set of primaris marines and set to work on painting them in a desert scheme.

After a couple of changes, the scheme ended looking like this. My idea is to find/design a gryphon transfer for the shoulder pad, preferably in red to match the markings. The right knee pad would vary from marine to marine, a kind of personal heraldry, while the left kneepad would have some kind of campaign marking maybe. Anyway, after finding that even a simple marine like this takes a bit of time, I am not really encouraged to go further. It just seems so bland. I quite like the bolter though, that's really easy and could be re-used in the future.

2 comments:

Ski said...

One white Space Marine might be bland, but a platoon or two would look amazing indeed. Interested to see what you decide on.

Matt Crump said...

Nice figure but one on his own isn’t going to win the universe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...