Friday 5 June 2020

Goblin Boss

This is a very old figure I painted for my brother as a birthday gift, so many years ago I cannot remember when it was. It was one of a small range of metal hero figures, which have become quite collectible in recent times. They just don't make them like this now, which is a shame.

I painted it for display and so mounted it on a scenic base. I think if I was painting it today I would put some more colour on the base, those mushrooms would look good in spotty red or glowing green. Other than that, I think the paint job stands up well (metals aside).

Happy birthday little brother, sorry I didn't paint a new one for this year.


4 comments:

quidamcorvus said...

Nasty snout, but in the case of this model is a compliment. You also did well with rust painting.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Awesome work as always chief!

Matt Crump said...

Very nice figure i do miss the goblins a bit ......

XarfaiEngel said...

These old metal models are just great. I love the different tones you put into the skin!
I never noticed the icon on the hat and the belt buckle - looks almost like an eye of Sauron.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...