Thursday 21 May 2020

Wizard

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, well actually in this galaxy, I bought some figures. There were four of them, a set of adventurers, made by Statuesque Miniatures. And I put them to one side. And you can guess the rest. But now, several years later, I have painted one of them.

When I first saw this figure,it screamed Gandalf to me, for obvious reasons. So I started painting it with grey robes, white beard and blue hat. But then I thought it looked a bit dull, a bit cliche perhaps, so I added a purple cloak. And deeper shading round the eyes. Now he looks a bit more sinister.

Hopefully I will get to the remaining band of adventurers some time, they really are lovely figures. If you like the look of them, they are now available from Crooked Dice.


4 comments:

Stu said...

This is gorgeous. Can you share how you did the robes and hat? I have a Mordheim Nicodemus I'd like to paint up in a similar style.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Great looking mini!

XarfaiEngel said...

The face stands out t me (maybe it's just the nose?) - really great character you brought into it!

Matt Crump said...

He is very nice 👍

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...