Tuesday 16 August 2016

Return of the Dwarfs

After a break from the short bearded ones, I am keen to get back to my dwarf army. Back in April I made a tentative start on a gunner unit, but then switched to slayers. Now that I am returning to the project I want to complete the gunner unit. Every unit needs a leader, so this classic metal model is next on my painting list.

This figure was released at about the time I first became interested in collecting dwarfs, so it represents for me a golden era of sculpts. I have quite a few from this period and will be incorporating them into the army in one way or another.

I also have a few examples from the early 1990's, when I first started playing Warhammer. At that time I was more interested in Undead and High Elves, so I didn't buy many dwarfs, though I do remember picking up blister packs at a £1 each in a Games Workshop store, with four figures to a blister there was easily enough for a couple of regiments. I'm not sure what happened to those dwarfs, I might have given them to my brother, but they would be have increased in value somewhat. I have managed to find the original Anvil of Doom on ebay and will be painting that as a centrepiece for the army, some time down the line. My immediate conundrum is what to use as dwarf warriors - these should form the backbone of the army and yet I find the plastic warriors lacking. A major kitbashing exercise could well be on the cards. But that's looking ahead, my first task is to finish my Anglo Danes and then crack on with the dwarf gunners.

3 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Hell yeah! waiting for more!

Matt Crump said...

Good old dwarfs 😀

Nord said...

Is it coincidence that you two have little dwarfy beards? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...