Friday 29 May 2015

In the Shadows lies the Silver Serpent.......

This delicate little thing is the first of a small faction I am developing for Victorian/steampunk gaming. It is a plastic figure, from the Malifaux range, the Oiran. This is Jade, member of a shadowy, secret society known as the Silver Serpent. She will be joined by more willowy figures like this, plus a couple of more solid compatriots.

The details on this figure are absolutely tiny. I usually paint with a number 2 or larger brush for the majority of my work, number 1 for eyes if need be. For this model I had to go down to a number zero and dig out the optivisor - the eyes were especially challenging. The base is a nice solid 2p piece, giving the figure a bit of weight, hopefully it will not blow away in a slight breeze now.

In terms of gaming, I have recently enjoyed playing In Her Majesty's Name in the gaming dungeon. So far, all the games have been played using Matt's collection, but I thought it would be nice to add some figures and flavour of my own.  It will take me a while to get this faction painted, so I might use Dystopian Legion French troops as a short term solution. But rest assured, the Silver Serpent lies coiled, waiting to strike.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...