Saturday 29 February 2020

Back

"Well, I'm back", he said.

And to celebrate, here's a picture of my back. I am back from a long holiday in the Phillipines, visiting family and new friends. We spent pretty much the whole of February doing very little, beach life, taking things slowly to cope with the heat, with a little snorkelling and adventuring thrown in. Batteries well and truly recharged.

I am also back to the hobby, after a three month hiatus. During that time I have painted commission work of course, but I have also been dabbling with new mediums - pencils, watercolours, inks - mostly I have been simply copying sketches from various books or online sources, just to practise holding a pencil, laying on paint. There are a few samples at the bottom of the post for those interested.

The main purpose of this post is to check in again. I am eager to get some of my own miniatures painted, the first time I have felt that way for a while. There are plenty of candidates, plenty of figures prepped, primed or even half painted. I think I might warm up by completing a few that are almost ready, then move on to a fresh unit. In the meantime, here's a few sketches to pad out this brief post.








4 comments:

demi_morgana said...

Heh, you've kinda never looked like Filipino for me ^^

Nord said...

I'm not, but some of my family live there now, hence the visit. I'm a pure northener, living in the kingdom of Rheged.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Welcome back :)

Michael Awdry said...

Lovely to have you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...