Sunday 8 March 2020

More goblin archers

Two more goblin archers added to the warband. Easing myself back into the painting habit, I found that taking a month off I had lost that familiarity with painting that regular practise brings. So I was a little tentative adding colours to these figures. Still, in the end, they turned out fine and it's good to get off the mark.

These are plastic night goblins by GW, from the now defunct night goblin boxset. They can be assembled in a number of ways and I chose to take advantage of the less common loading poses. I gave them red hoods to fit in with the theme of my warband, then added some checks for a little extra practise.


There's eight archers now, which is a decent size for a unit in most skirmish games. Looking at them in this group photo, I am not sure they fit well, even though I am a fan of diversity in my collection. I will add more eventually, probably at least another four of the plastic night goblins to make two units of six shooters which covers all the games I play. For the time being, they can be used in games of Erewhon, taking potshots at dwarfs no doubt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...