Saturday 30 July 2016

First of the Anglo Danes

It's a couple of months since I posted any new painted figures, so I am really happy to have finished these Danes from Saxon Miniatures. As with most dark ages figures, the biggest impact comes from the shield - the figures are almost just something to hang a shield on. These are half and half transfers and hand painted. I was pretty pleased with how they blended together.

Sixteen unarmoured figures gives me two points of a Saga force. The next set of Danes to paint are the final nine from the starter warband, which are the armoured warriors and the leader. I want to crack on with them and get them done as quickly as this first set, then perhaps add a unit of archers to give a reasonable sized force for a game.

2 comments:

Matt Crump said...

Looking good😀

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Shieldwall!!!!
Great looking unit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...