Wednesday 26 August 2015

Age of Sigmar Blood Warriors Painted

Not that I will be using them in Age of Sigmar, they will be Khorne's Chosen in games of Warhammer, Dragon Rampant, Saga and such like. These are damned impressive models, full of detail, which can take a while to paint, but I reckon they are worth the effort. I still find it hard to believe that these are plastic models in a starter set. In fact, I rate them higher than the new multi pose set, they are posed so nicely and fit together a dream without any awkward joins.

The palette is classic Khorne style - red, brass and black. For the hair and beards I chose something a little bit different - thinking that they are based on archetypal viking berserkers, I went with stereoptypical Nordic blonde. I'm a bit uncertain about this decision, the blonde braid keeps reminding me of Goldilocks, not sure that is a good thing!

The two main characters from the boxset are still to be painted and added to this unit, then I will probably take on the marauders. I am hoping to get enough Khorne troops together to play Dragon Rampant, which I believe is scheduled for release around xmas time. The perfect time for the guys in red to go frolicking in the snow.

4 comments:

Matt Crump said...

Great looking figures

Goldmunds Welt said...

These models and your paintjob is very impressive! Far better than the GW studio showcase.

Nord said...

Thanks guys, more on the way.........

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'd like to know how you painted the red armours, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...