Tuesday 11 January 2011

Chaos Warriors

After building the chaos champion over the weekend, I wanted to finish painting his personal retinue. These warriors have been painted for several years, though originally they were garbed in a metallic armour. I have never really liked it, so decided to try black. It seems to work quite well, especially with the snow bases and dark red of the cloaks and banner. I also tidied up the horns and a few other bits here and there. In total, I spent about 3 hours updating the old paint scheme, so it feels like I have completed a regiment in just half a day. If only all my figures could be so quickly transformed.

4 comments:

Eversor said...

Looks wonderful, I think I'm going to nick the colour scheme :-) What paints did you use to highlight the black armour?

Nord said...

The armour was originally chainmail, washed with brown and black inks I would think (they were painted a few years ago). For the makeover, I just painted black over the metal, making sure I left the edges/raised areas in the metal colour. It sounds more complicated than it really is!

Eversor said...

Seems simple enough. I've got twelve Chaos Warriors that we use for Warhammer Quest, they'd be smashing in a black colour scheme!

Nord said...

Well, I was going for dark and menacing, but smashing works too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...