Saturday 2 January 2021

Ninth day of Beardmas

 


On the ninth day of Beardmas....

Rune lord of Oakenheim on Anvil of Doom, with personal bodyguard. This is an absolute classic model from the golden age of dwarfdom, which was the early 1990s. There were a number of totally dwarfsome minis released in this era - the flame cannon, the dwarf king on throne, and the anvil of doom here would be the top three in my book. The original model included two banner poles with elaborate paper flags attached. I kinda like that old school look for a warm, rosy retro feel, but I prefer this more simple approach in my own collection. 

3 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

I've been really enjoying this series. My first WH army, way back, was Dwarves, and this is bringing back plenty of memories.

Nord said...

Thank you it’s very nice to have some positive feedback every now and again. 👍👍👍

Little Odo said...

I too have been enjoying this series. Dwarves are my fave fantasy humanoid race and you have done these fellas really proud. I also like the way that you have set each of the scenes for photographing the minis in action. Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...