Saturday 31 October 2020

Orctober

Waaaaargh it's Orctober. That time of year when we all rush off and paint some greenskins. Or in my case, manage just one greenskin. Oh well, maybe next year I will get through that horde I always have in mind. The orc is an old Citadel figure, while the goblin is more recent, from Avatars of War. The orc I painted this month, the goblin was already painted I just rebased it and added a little bit more tone to the skin. Both these models will no doubt be having intense discussions over which will lead da boyz, that's sure to end amicably.

The orc boss is from around 1992/3, from my collection of Middlehammer greenskins. What a classic from the era this figure is. I tried to paint it in a similar style to that of the old days, but without straying too far from my own. I started with orange* armour, green skin of course, and worked outward from there. I was lucky enough to find a stash of old plastic shields with some greenskin iconography and used it to reinforce the orange thing. Most of the palette came naturally, just the knee pads and belt buckle caused me a little headache - they started base steel, then were yellow, finally red - definitely not go fasta red then.













*the most Warhammer colour in the world 

8 comments:

epicsatsuma said...

Cracking job! If in doubt, paint it red eh? :)

Gimnir said...

I love it, and I must say that that goblin is looking sexy as well!

Andrew said...

Damn, that shield though! I was actually trolling eBay for that exact orc champion last night.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Awesome work!

Matt Crump said...

He might be on his own but he is lovely and colourful 👍

Steve Williams said...

Splendid paint job! The colours are so rich with a real depth.

Nord's Painting Saga said...

Thanks for all the comments guys, he is a lovely, if rather lonely, model. Maybe one day he will get some mates

potsiat said...

The axe, all the checkers - everything on this lad looks spectacular!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...