Thursday 14 February 2019

Love

Dear Mariella, 

I am a grown man who really should know better. I keep trying to kick the habit, but try as I might, I cannot stop painting beards. I love hairy guys - axe wielding maniacs from frozen lands, grumpy old sods from underground realms, even silly gnomes with pointy hats - I just cannot get enough of them. I tried switching to smooth chinned elves, or even withered old hairless undead types, but I cannot stick with them for long and yearn for a little brush on beard action. On this day on which we celebrate secret love*, I think I have to confess that I am besotted by beard. Though not those attached to hipsters, obviously. What should I do?

Yep, I just cannot give up on the dwarf obsession. I prepped some elves to kickstart an old project, then stared at them for a good two weeks before I realised that my heart was not in it. I do love my elves, just not as much as I should do. So I have put them back in the drawer and dug out these old classics. They are a mix of longbeards and some characters and anvil guard, though as I don't play Warhammer these days, let's just call them veterans. It's not even a unit - what do we call a collective of grumpy old dwarves?  A complaint? A grumble? A Boar's Snout? Whatever it is, there's ten of the miserable buggers waiting (impatiently no doubt) for some love.

*so the love part is obvious, but there's also a secret in the photo ?!?

3 comments:

Andrew said...

You, sir, are a poet!

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Oh, yeees!

Matt Crump said...

Love or sickness not sure which ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...