Thursday 31 January 2019

Viking Warband

Just about squeezed this in before month end - the last of the viking bondi. Another interesting sculpt, it's not very often we see a miniature wielding his spear two handed, though I have seen many a re-enactor fight in this fashion. I would think that wielding a spear one handed while holding a shield would be reserved for shield wall duty. In the photo below, with his bondi comrades, he thrusts from behind the shield wall.

So that's one Saga unit of eight bondi and one unit of four berserkers painted up for my new viking warband. They are all by V&V Miniatures, lovely sculpts and well cast in resin. These are, for my money, the best figures on the market at the moment. I have some more lined up to add to this little band, armoured warriors and a couple of characters. More on that in the future, though I am switching to some fantasy projects for the next couple of months.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...