Saturday 7 April 2018

Berserker Brace

What could be more scary than a viking berserker rushing headlong toward you with a huge axe? Two of them, of course.

These are V&V figures. I have previously reviewed them on my blog, but it's worth repeating that they are rather splendid. If you like your soldiers to be realistically proportioned and finely detailed, then check out the V&V website.

I wanted a nice little project to tinker with over the Easter weekend and turned to four bereskers I had already assembled. I concentrated my efforts on these two - the other two have shields and I have not yet worked out what to do with those.

The topless warrior wielding two axes is particularly imposing and I added some simple tattoo effects on his skin. They are not designs as such, just random squiggles to suggest intricate inking. He also has a Thor's hammer necklace which I though was a nice touch. The skin is very pale and the bases are sparse and cold looking, to reflect their northern European roots.

With a little luck I will soon get the other two berserkers painted, then there will be four ready to charge into action in Saga games. I have never used them before, it will be interesting to see if I can keep them alive long enough to smash them into the enemy. No doubt the opposition will be very keen to loose their bolts and arrows at the idiot who came to battle with no shirt on.

8 comments:

demi_morgana said...

Scary!

You should watch "Valhalla rising" if you want to see badass viking berserk in action.
If you haven't seen it already, that is ;-)

Steve Williams said...

The tattoos are spectacular, they look very realistic.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Looking great!

JC said...

These are terrific! Great work on the skin and tattoos; you can almost feel the chill of the North Sea at their backs!

Phil Curran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil Curran said...

I rather like the viking with two axes, we share the same physique and haircut.

Michael Awdry said...

That is an astonishingly good skin tone!

Nord said...

Thanks for all the feedback, glad you like them. The skin is realistic because it's based on my own northern England pasty complexion after a long winter. And yes, I will watch that film, he's one of my favourite actors :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...