Sunday 7 June 2015

Rohan reinforcements

Eight Rohan infantry added to my small force. That brings them up to 24 infantry (8 with bows) and 8 cavalry, not a huge army by any means, but enough for small skirmish games. I was wondering about playing Lion Rampant, but rather than half strength units as some seem to suggest, go for two-thirds. This would mean units of eight infantry and four cavalry, giving me five units to put on the tabletop, about the average number for a Lion Rampant force. I wonder if anybody has tried it?

2 comments:

Blitzkriegbrushes said...

Love the colours on these

nobby said...

I play with half size units but was thinking of exactly what your saying. Four horsemen will look better than three.
I am thinking of using a very small dice to represent the two missing horse, or four missing foot, and removing it when the numbers are down to what the unit actually starts with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...