Monday 28 September 2015

Dwarf Rangers Captain

The first dwarf of the new army! This has always been a favourite model of mine, the last time I painted it was a rush job that failed to do it justice. This time around I was keen to give it some attention, even though it's destined for a unit. For me, dwarfs really suit earthy palettes, anything too vibrant just distracts attention away from their most glorious features - their large noses and flowing beards. The risk with a figure that's mostly brown is that it will end up looking dowdy. Luckily, dwarfs tend to wear plenty of armour, a chance to brighten things up with some shining metallics. All in all, I am very happy with this effort. I won't be putting as much work into every figure, it would take too long for a whole army, but I now know where to concentrate my efforts and which areas I can give less attention.


2 comments:

Alex Mayer said...

A very good start into your new army project! Especially the colors and painting of the beard - one of the mainparts of the figure - are very fine!

Matt Crump said...

he looks tall but that may be because he is standing on a rock ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...