Wednesday 5 June 2019

Mierce Miniatures Troll

There are so many trolls available to the gamer, from grimdark to goofy, from man sized to gargantuan. I have quite a few in various armies, some Warhammer examples, some Reaper, some Lord of the Rings figures, even some ForgeWorld. They are all joined by this absolute beast from Mierce Miniatures, and it's probably the best troll in my collection.

Aesthetically, it's at the "realistic" end of the scale - and that's in quotes for an obvious reason. What I mean is that the proportions are real, the details are fine and lifelike, the sculpting is top notch. If you like realism in your figures, I cannot think of a better range to collect than these figures.

Figures? Well yes, there's only one at the moment, but there's another two underway and a handful prepped. And there are many, many more on the Mierce Miniatures website. I bought them years ago because I was wowed by them when they were first released. I thought I might use them in a chaos Warhammer army, but since then things have changed. I now play other games, and have started to develop my own setting for my collection, so I can use these beasts standalone, as a force by themselves. The beasts of Trollberg are born!


4 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Wow! That is a tremendous piece of work.

Steve Williams said...

Love the realistic tones that you’ve used, they suit the subject perfectly. I’ve got a handful of theses guys awaiting paint...one day:)

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Fantastic work sir!

Nord said...

Thanks guys, they are really nice to paint.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...