Thursday 28 June 2018

Dwarf Hammers

These figures were fairly quick to paint up, I am very pleased to add them to my Dwarves force before the month has ended. As with the previous units, I tackled them little by little, a twenty minute session here, maybe an hour long session there. Over just a couple of sessions the metals were done very quickly - a base coat, a wash, some glazing and then a drybrush. After that was finished, it was a simple job to pick out the leathers and other garments. The "kilts" were a little more involved, but I stuck to a fairly simple design. Beards and bases were completed, and unit done.


These are Games Workshop of course, Grim Hammers from the Middle Earth range. They are plastic figures, but with plenty of detail, as nice as many a metal to my mind. In gaming terms, they will be fielded as elite units in the systems I play.

4 comments:

Matt Crump said...

More nice dwarves 🙂

JC said...

They look splendid!

I hadn't seen those figures before; they're a pretty credible take on the dwarves of the Iron Hills, what with the mattock-bladed hammers and the long hauberks.

Steve Williams said...

Always like to see more Dwarves - might impel me to paint mine!

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...