Tuesday 22 May 2018

Victrix Vikings

News has been trickling out over the past few weeks that Victrix Miniatures are moving into a new era - the dark ages. It seems that the first range will be Vikings. I have also read that Saxons and Normans are to be produced.

Now we have a little more detail announced on the Victrix facebook page. The box will contain a mix of armoured and unarmoured warriors, four of each on a sprue. There's usually six sprues in a set, plus extras on a command sprue, so about 50 models in a pack. Enough to man a viking longboat!

The release date is sketchy, I suspect that they are not even sure themselves as yet. I might have read late 2018 somewhere. This picture shows one of the body sculpts coupled with different head and arm options.

For me, this is just the ticket. I can look forward to well sculpted, affordable minis. If the rumoured Saxons and Normans are anything like this first view, I will be knee deep in dark ages minis.

3 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

I like them very much :)

Steve Williams said...

Me too brother, me too...

Matt Crump said...

Nice to look forward to....although I still like the gripping beast figures. As for timescales they take about 12 months from their first pictures to actually getting them into boxes so my guess would be Salute next year. But you never know 🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...