Sunday 18 March 2018

Chaos Hounds

The recent Arctic vortex weather had me thinking about my snow based army, the Chaos Warriors. I felt inspired to paint up a unit or maybe more, so I started with these chaos hounds - mini beasts from the East. They are relatively quick to stick together and paint, the time prolonged a little by my decision to not use the provided ears but fill the holes with a little sculpted fur.

When it came to painting I googled a few images for inspiration, with half a mind on them being useable as hell hounds/flesh hounds in other settings - unlikely given the snowy bases but there you go, forever optimistic. I settled on a ruddy skin colour, with black fur and glowing eyes. I primed black rather than my usual white, thinking it would save time with the fur. But then I seemed to spend a good while recoating the skin a light colour before applying the flesh colour. In hindsight I should have stuck with the usual white primer.


I used nine of the ten figures, this gives me enough for games of Saga and most other systems we tend to play. Most of my units in the chaos army are either five or six wide, so two ranks of five will suffice. No doubt the mathematically talented have spotted a flaw here. Yes, there's a spare slot in the unit, now who could possibly fill that space?.....

5 comments:

demi_morgana said...

Damn, you are fast... O_o

Steve Williams said...

A terrifying sight! My Warhammer knowledge is failing me - I can’t think who would fill that slot. Not the beast from Mordheim is it?

Nord said...

No it's not a beast, it's also a modern figure. One man and his dogs ;)

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Fantastic work as always sir!

Matt Crump said...

Nice job 🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...