Sunday 2 July 2017

Zombies

Two dozen zombies speed painted. These are predominantly plastic figures, mostly mantic with some GW bits. There's also some Wargames Factory historical bits from their Saxon range. The two main characters in the centre of the front row are metal figures from the now defunct Rackham Confrontation series. It's tempting to spend a little more time on these two "leaders" but I am trying to whizz through these figures so will call them done for now.

My aim is to use these figures in several systems. In Fantastic Saga they are Undead levy troops, so two units of twelve - theoretically they could be split into smaller units but I would probably field them big as they are very poor and need the numbers. They would also be similarly used in Dragon Rampant. They could also be ranked up on magnetic movement trays to play mass battle games.

After just over a month I am pretty pleased to have painted up four points of my Undead Saga force - these two points of levy and the previously painted butcher and ghouls. I am continuing with the fleshy elements - some fliers and a necromancer are in my sights. Then I will move on to the bony bits - I have already started the rather tedious task of building a legion of skeletons. Onwards we shuffle!

5 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Beautiful (sic!) undeads!

Terry Silverthorn said...

For speed painted zombies, these are fantastic! Alas, I can never 'speed' paint anything it seems, always trying to capture the details!

Matt Crump said...

Nice job...... I have some of the mantic but want to have them as german ww2 zombies 🙂

Nord said...

I would think they would be very easy to convert if you have some plastic Germans. I have plenty of spare bits you can have.

Steve Williams said...

They look amazing - so gruesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...