Tuesday 16 January 2018

X.VIII - Cold Warriors

As the snow gently falls outside, it's a reminder to once again visit a past project, in celebration of my decade of blogging. It was 2015 and quite an easy year to choose a highlight from, as I focussed on just two main projects. The first of these, at the start of the year, was painting a Wars of the Roses force to play Lion Rampant. I made really good progress and painted the whole lot in about three or four months. Billmen, archers and men at arms.

As pleased as I was with my historicals, it was fantasy once again that took the crown for best of the year, in the shape of a Khorne force based around the Age of Sigmar starter set, with a few classic metals from my collection added in for good measure.





I don't consider myself a particularly talented convertor, but I was really pleased with a couple of these figures. The ogre in the marauder unit was built from plastic bits, a rat ogre and an ogre kingdoms head. The khorgorath (daemon beast thingy) from the starter was a more complex job, adding an old metal bloodthirster head and a little basic greenstuff work. Compared to the work of other talented hobbyists, it is beginner level, but I was happy with the results. 

7 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Awesome looking army!

Steve Williams said...

An excellent army. The conversions are not readily apparent which is the hallmark of a good job. Love the Khorne lord - one of my favourite GW models.

Killshot Productions said...

Always a pleasure to see your work. I like to go back and pick through your blog every once and in a while.

Nord said...

Thank you, very kind comments. It's nice to look back at my old stock, but also there are plenty of new projects on the go to look forward to.

Matt Crump said...

Seem to remember the Chaos ogres were very effective !

antohammer paper miniature said...

I like the result bro ;)

Nicklas said...

That flayed Khorne symbol on the Khorgorath almost makes me wince, fantastic effect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...