Sunday 6 December 2015

Chaos Marauders of Khorne

The chaos marauders of Khorne are finally painted. They seem to have taken a good while, even with my speed painting techniques. But they are definitely worth the effort, looking awesome ranked up like this, especially with the special guest lumbering through the ranks. This is chaos enough for me, there's no need for foot high figures with three heads and two tails.

These are quite possibly the finest fantasy figures from any of the starter sets. For my money, it's a toss up between these models and the beautiful high elves from the Island of Blood set (another on my to do list). I was careful to ensure they ranked up in a number of ways, with and without the big guy, even though I generally play skirmish games at the moment. These figures are based on 25mm mdf squares. I am still hoping to try a game or two of Kings of War, and we have been talking about learning Hail Caesar for a couple of years. Maybe one day we will actually get round to it!


7 comments:

Killshot Productions said...

They certainly painted up extremely well! They're fantastic.

Matt Crump said...

Definitely like the ogre chap

Nord said...

I have another ogre, he's got a few pipes and tubes coming out of his arms, so I reckon he could well be stalking the Victorian streets of Cumbria at some stage. I just need some mad inventor to bring him to life, give Smirnoff the hunt of his life!

benvoliothefirst said...

Gorgeous! Love the understated color scheme. Your painting is nice and crisp, really brings out the great detail.

And I have NO IDEA how you managed to fit a rat ogre into the unit and have everything rank up nicely, while at the SAME TIME being able to omit him and not have a huge gaping space in the ranks. That's a little bit of magic, right there. Nice work!

redmanphill said...

These are looking great, I would love to be able to paint at this speed...

Repentia Vlk said...


Hey.

I came across your blog because QC show the 'Chosen of the week' your work.

I was not disappointed, you're a very good painterand you have great work here. I will definitely check back here often :)

http://quidamcorvus.blogspot.com/2016/01/zebrane-z-tygodnia-254chosen-of-week-254_24.html

Nord said...

Thank you Sister, you are most welcome here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...