Saturday 18 November 2017

X.VI - More Undead

Hobby time has been a bit thin on the ground - thinner than a skeleton's bicep - so it's time for another scrabble through the archive. We have reached 2013, which turned out to be an excellent vintage for a variety of reasons.

This was the year in which kickstarter really took off - I painted up some of the now forgotten Sedition Wars figures. There was plenty of fantasy painting, including a tentative start on an Empire force. 2013 was also the year in which I really made a significant dent in my collection of Lord of the Rings figures, with hordes of orcs poring out - Morannon orcs, Mordor orcs and uruk hai. And finally I painted up a decent viking force for Saga gaming. Phew, that was a very good year! I was tempted to choose the orcs, but I think in the end my most prized painting of that year was more units for my Vampire Counts, including this mighty varghulf and a unit of grave guard built from Lord of the Rings plastics.






5 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Wooooow! I love your undeads!

Steve Williams said...

When I eventually paint mine, I'm praying that they look half as good as yours.

Matt Crump said...

I remember him well 🙂

AmpersandDI said...

looking real quality that mate! your style of painting lends itself perfectly to undead

Goldmunds Welt said...

Love the blood dripping from his mouth! So cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...