Thursday 14 September 2017

X.III - Daemons

In this, the third of my celebratory posts, I am looking back at the year 2010. I painted lots of fantasy in that time, and played it almost exclusively, so there's a good selection of potential candidates. I added a few units to my orcs and goblins army - black orcs and green squigs stand out - and made more progress on the wood elf army. I also built but two pretty big conversions - a treeman and a shaggoth, which get honourable mentions. I reckon that already qualifies as a good vintage, but my biggest achievement for the year was putting together a small contingent of daemons.



I started by building and painting a unit of daemonettes. My aim at the time was to try something a little different, and a pink/purple palette was definitely that. These days I tend to paint in small batches of eight or twelve, but I obviously had more stamina in my youth - eighteen daemonettes.



After that I rewarded myself with a character model, a herald built from an old Warzone figure, with a whole host of (cute?) little attendants.



Then I finished off the project with a unit of pink horrors, the classic metal figures from that time and still my favourite renditions of the model.


Though the daemons started as an add-on for my chaos warriors, I did have grand plans to develop them into a full army. I have metal plaguebearers painted up and bloodletters half-painted, plus more daemonettes, screamers and various other figures. However, as with so many grand plans, nothing came of it.

One figure I did add a few years later was a Daemon Prince, converted from an old Azazel model. I left off the wings and replaced the head with that of an old school metal Fiend of Slaanesh, the tail I forget the source. I had this model half-painted for a good few years, but thought it would be nice to finally complete it as part of my celebrations.

4 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Awesome looking Daemons!

Goldmunds Welt said...

They look pretty good!

Steve Williams said...

Keep them coming - they look great! At about the same time, I was painting High Elves - I now have many hundreds of them languishing unbuilt. Grumble, grumble....

Matt Crump said...

Remember them well 😀

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...