Tuesday 20 June 2017

North Star Goblins previewed

I spotted this picture on the Lead Adventure Forum - a preview of upcoming plastic orcs/goblins. These are three ups, master models which are reduced in size - the final versions will have slimmer bases, slightly less defined details. I like the look of these, they are different to the usual orcs available to gamers. I posted some artwork on various interpretations of orcs in the past (here, here and here).

These orcs follow on from the recently released plastic dwarfs and will in turn (according to rumour) be followed by plastic elves. I didn't like the dwarfs much, they strayed a bit too close to the Disney/garden gnome aesthetic for my taste, but it will be interesting to see the elves when they finally surface. I posted a review of the Osprey book on dwarfs (here), though never picked up the orcs or elves books.

4 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Great looking minis:) Must have :)

Nord said...

I am going to wait for sprue shots, but they do look very promising.

Mike "Shades" Schaefer said...

Just like their dwarves, I think Osprey is hitting it out of the park with the styling. The kind of believable imagery I've always had in my head when reading Lord of the Rings. I can't wait to see what they have in store for a mass fantasy combat game.

Matt Crump said...

Not bad ...... we'll see how the collection develops 🙂

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...