Thursday 13 July 2017

Necromancer

Kulgin Bachensteiner has sought answers all his long life. From the deep, dank forests of RukenWood he journeyed across the Hard Hills to StoneGrave Moor. Here it was that he discovered the long lost cairns and barrows of an ancient civilisation. Within these cold tombs he sought not the tarnished treasure and ancient gems, but dark knowledge........

It's cheesy I know, but somehow it's fitting for a model like this. It's probably some kind of unholy sacrilege to criticise these much-loved classic figures, but I have always found the undead range to have that clunky, 1980's vibe. I did toy with the idea of removing the ridiculously large skull head and sword blade, but in the end decided to go full on nostalgia and just paint it up as it stands.

Painting the necromancer was a reward to myself for completing the zombies. However, as I have no real love for the model, it was a rush job completed in a couple of sessions. It's not my best work, but it's good enough and keeps the momentum going on the Undead project.


Here's a shot of Kulgin surrounded by his mindless minions. As I had my camera set up I took the opportunity to reshoot the zombies, the butcher and the ghouls.

5 comments:

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

One of the best necromancer painting I ever seen!

Matt Crump said...

Nice job 😀

Steve Williams said...

Given that it's a rush job on a model you don't love, I think it's bloody amazing! Have started working through your backlog and have got to 2015, where I've paused. School ends in a week and I want to spend time enjoying the work that you've done.

Nord said...

Thanks guys, sometimes a rush job can be as good as a slow, considered approach.

asaltorabioso said...

nice job!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...