Sunday 18 October 2015

2p or not 2p......

......that is the question. Admittedly, it's not that much of a dilemma, certainly not in the Royal Danish League, but it has been causing me to ponder a little. I originally intended to paint the new dwarf army and base them on multi bases, my thinking being that I already have an old dwarf army on single bases, and an upcoming Lord of the Rings dwarf force on round bases, so it would make sense to take a new direction. As you can see from the picture, I have changed my mind. Greater flexibility comes from these 2p bases, which can be used like this in skirmish games and popped into move trays for ranked up gaming, the best of both worlds.



With that decision out of the way, I can concentrate on the painting. I have been plodding along with them, in short sessions each weekend. The skin and some beards are pretty much finished, with mail and armour well progressed too. It's all the fiddly bits of boots, belts and kit that remain - these are the things I like to paint the least so inspiration is thin on the ground at the moment. Hopefully I can get them done for month end.

3 comments:

WandererWandering said...

what movement trays do you use?

Nord said...

None as yet! I will most likely buy them from warbases.co.uk, they make anything you could need, including 2p trays complete with hole to pop in a magnet.

Matt Crump said...

Looking good...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...