Saturday 6 December 2014

Dystopian Legions French Legionnaires painted

The first batch of the Dystopian Legions figures painted, though it took me a lot longer than I expected. I suffered a major dip in motivation at the beginning of the month which has put a real dent in my plan to have all the figures from the starter set painted by xmas. I do think these are the most complex of the figures in the set to paint, hopefully the next lot will be progressed at a better pace.

Now that they are fully painted, you can better see the quality of the figures. The casts are good and the sculpting detail is very fine - one of them has a tiny cigarette dangling from his lip. The faces in particular have very shallow detailing, though excellent facial hair. The bayonets are a little clunky, I should really have filed them to a finer point before I painted them, but that's a minor quibble. For me, they are a lovely mix of realistic proportions, fine detail and steampunk flavour.

Enough waffle, here's some more pictures so you can judge for yourself.



3 comments:

Mallius Vane said...

Wow. Those are great!

Derek said...

Great job, and you beat me to finishing them. I got distracted by painting Veronique the Medic, and starting the Commandos!

Great job on these. Cant wait to see what you do with the Marines.

Nord said...

Thanks guys. My approach is to paint all the grunts first, then finish with the specials and characters. Keeps me focussed. Marines are next, hopefully quicker than this lot......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...