Friday, 28 June 2013
The Old Forest
After a few sessions the cork warped and was disposed of, the loose trees were thrown into a box and added to my to-do list. Since I play most of my games at a friend's house, with all scenery provided by him, they have been low priority for a long time. But this week they went up the list and I had a spare day so I got to work.
The trees have been hot-glued to bases made from plastic templates. The elongated bases were cut from teardrop templates. Then I added a mix of sand and small stones using pva glue. When these were dry, I used cheap craft paint to quickly dry brush the bases and some of the more visible trunks. Finally I sprinkled on a mix of green and brown flocks. It does look more like finely groomed parkland than a wild forest, but it's fine for two or three hours of effort.