Monday 7 January 2013

Zombies resurface

When I photographed the ghouls recently, I decided to snap the zombies too. These are not new work, I painted them over a year ago, but I have recently discovered that a black background helps to show the minis more true to life. I also touched up the statues and added a few leaves to the base.

I have another regiment of this size waiting to be painted. However, having just painted the regiment of ghouls, I'm not sure I can face another large horde at the moment, so I will be painting up a couple of single models for the army in the next month.

3 comments:

Minijunkie said...

Hi OF, I realize this is an ancient post but I came across it while googling Kings of War multibases.

I really want to try multibasing but I'm intimidated by it, despite years of hobby experience lol. My concern is when to paint the models - for these guys (if you recall) did you paint them on the mantic plastic bases, and then cut those off? Or did you cut the bases off and then paint?

Nord said...

I didn't cut the little tabs off, I just popped them into the mantic bases while I painted them, most were a snug fit, if they rattle around you can hold them with blu tac. When I had finished painting the figures I popped them out of the square bases and glued them on to the mdf bases. One or two I had to trim down the integral base to get them up close to their neighbour, but most went on to the mdf with the original base intact. Then I spread a paste made from sand and pva glue and water (a bit like gritty toothpaste) all over the mdf bases, covering the plastic bases. When it was dry I painted this earth, it can be a bit tricky getting your brush into all the legs, but it's basically just washing the earth so no big deal. Any smudges you can call weathering! Hope that makes sense.

Minijunkie said...

It does, thanks for the info!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...