Wednesday 23 January 2013

Sedition Wars mini comparison


My copy of Sedition Wars Battle for Alabaster arrived in the post yesterday. This is the game developed by Studio McVey that I supported on kickstarter last year. I am trying hard to not get distracted from my other projects, but I could not resist lining up some figures for a comparison shot. It's a big picture so that you can see all the detail, a little grainy because of the darkness of a northern hemsiphere winter, but clear enough. Click on the photo for the bigger version.

The game comes complete with dozens of minis, with a good number of extra ones thrown in for kickstarter supporters. I bought the game for two reasons. Firstly, as a complete game that hopefully will be fast, easy to learn and interesting to play. Secondly, and more importantly for me, was the opportunity to pick up some quality sci-fi minis at a reasonable cost. I have a few ideas for what I will do with the minis in the future, but that's still under research.

Looking at the photo, you can see that the scale is similar in height to the Dark Vengeance cultist and chaos marauder. The Gondor soldier is a fair bit shorter. The plastic of the Sedition Wars figures is different to the Dark Vengeance items, a plastic-resin mix maybe? It is quite hard, slightly harder to clean mold lines, but holds lots of detail (check the big photo for this). As I said, I don't want to get too distracted from current projects, but will try to get a few samples painted in the near future and post the results.

2 comments:

Avicenna said...

Thank you for sharing this photo! I am pretty excited by these miniatures :)

Scotty Kahn said...

I had thought they were going to be quite a bit smaller in scale than other figs. Nice to see they stack up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...