Sunday 27 January 2013

Chaos Army Standard Bearer

My first painted figure of the year! This is my chaos army standard bearer, an Avatars of War chaos lord with GW plastic banner from the knights set (I think). The base is slightly more elaborate than I would usually bother as it's entered into the Warhammer Forum winter painting challenge. It looks as though it might topple over as I had to position the figure to one side to allow him to sit on the corner of a unit, but it's perfectly sturdy.

I am not sure when I will get to game with the figure. WHFB is low on the list of games to be played these days, with Saga and recently Dux Bellorum being the game of choice. No doubt, Sedition Wars will be added to that list in the near future. I did hope that the new chaos army book would fire me up, but the images have achieved exactly the opposite effect. I quite like the dragon ogres, the rest are not to my taste and/or badly sculpted. Still, there's plenty more fish in the sea, so no doubt I will add to the army eventually.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

Looks fantastic! Puts me in the mood to start building some WoC...

Minitrol said...

The icicles are phenomenal!

Are you sure you're not tempted by the witchling? Thats a pretty awesome looking scuply (I know it's finecast still...)

Your painting style would be awesome with it!

Nord said...

Are you kidding? That figure and the lord are the two worst (well, maybe the forsaken are more awful). Wooden rigid poses, massive armour plates, over the top adornments. No, not my cup of tea at all. My favourite Tzeentch wizard I already have, the faceless dude with mace. Now that's my kind of awesome.

Minitrol said...

Errrr I wasn't joking...awkward...

I dunno I get what you mean and normally I would agree but in this one case that figure I really love.

It fits with the background of it being a mindless automaton directed by the melded twin and seems stoic and unfeeling.

Honestly I normally hate all new GW models and I am as surpised as you are.

I might get one and paint if "after Old Fogey" LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...