Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Pink Horrors

I picked up a dozen pink horrors recently on ebay, but when they arrived I realised that some of the metal arms were missing. A quick search in my pile of unpainted figures and I found some ghoul arms. I also added some twisted tree roots from the wood elf sprues. I like the slightly more mutated result on a few of the models.

I don't know if 12 is a good number for a unit of horrors, it just happened to be the number I had available. I do have another 10 that I painted some years ago, which I might add to this unit. But I think first I should try them out in two smaller units and see how they get on.

It's interesting to see the difference in painting styles of the two units. The older unit I painted by layering and blending. It gives a very smooth look, but is quite time consuming. The newer unit was speed painted, mostly glazing and stippling in quite a loose manner. It's difficult to compare the two because of the different colours, but I definitely like the time savings involved in my current technique. It allows me to paint more models!

2 comments:

Matthew Ochs said...

Wow, great pink horrors. The mix of purple and white is very striking.

Jonny Eklund said...

Nice! i recently got my hands on 20 of these as well :) every arm that was able to break of wasent on them :( not sure if i will repair them or just make some tentacles in greenstuff to hide the holes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...